Updates from the Developer (3Q2021)
Jui Residences Condo Singapore Sales is underway now with a brand new showroom! Myra Showroom will be merged with Jui Residences. Due to ongoing COVID Phase 3 opening, appointment are required in advanced for showroom visits. Walk-ins dates for public will be confirmed in the future upon easing of COVID restrictions.
Due to the COVID situation, all appointments are to be made prior to physical showroom visits. Safe distancing and crowd control measures will be implemented and enforced according to relevant Singapore Ministries guidelines. Please do not visit the showroom without a face mask.
Please be informed that 1bedroom, and 2bedroom units have been fully sold out. Do refer to the Price Guide Table below for the respective prices (Only for registered buyers) and get in touch with our sales executives for a free non-obligatory showroom walk-thru!
We have received many feedback and thoughts on how we can share critical information to our buyers and why many are buying or ready to buy soon!
If you need info on the prices, you may also call our hotline directly at +65 63879196
Please note that below prices are updated on best effort basis, please check with the showroom directly or our salesperson for the final prices. We have also revised the TOP date (vacant possession) as construction have progressed ahead of schedule. The TOP on paper is June 2022, the TOP estimated (vacant possession) is now 3Q 2021. Please note that this information is to help buyers plan for their financial planning and timing. No claims or damages can be made whatsoever from relying on the information presented here. Prices and construction progress are subject to changes anytime, albeit not to a large extend.
LAST UPDATED 2Q 2021:
- 2br FULLY SOLD
- 14-07: SOLD
- 14-08: SOLD
- 14-09: SOLD
- 06-08: SOLD
- 2br fully sold, enter information at contact form to enter queue list for bounced units.
- 3br (Type c4 is FULLY SOLD)
- 17-01: SOLD (check final discount upon registration)
- 14-01: SOLD (check final discount upon registration)
- 16-02: 1.7xm (check super star buy upon registration)
- 17-05: 1.7xm (check super star buy upon registration)
- 13-06: 1.8xm (check final discount upon registration)
- Prices are updated on best effort basis, please check with your salesperson for final discounts applied to your desired unit.
- Check in with our Jui Residences appointed salesperson only for this special discount. Please note that this information is to help buyers plan for their financial planning and timing. No claims or damages can be made whatsoever from relying on the information presented here.
Welcome to Jui Residences Singapore
Jui Residences is a Freehold Condominium situated at 1177 Serangoon Road (Former National Aerated Company).
It will be built by distinguished developer SDB Singapore, Selangor Dredging Berhad (SDB).
Known to the 1950s and 1990s generation as Kickapoo Building, or Sinalco Building, the site is a unique opportunity to bring out the heritage and significance of conservation and national heritage.
Jui Residences has been designed to reflect art deco heritage which is inspired by National Aerated Water Co Ltd building, located within the grounds of the devclopment. The art deco heritage can been seen through the vertical flutes on the facade, arched detailings on the balconies and wide inset curves on the podium.
Located right next to Kallang River, this 18-storey tower building presents 117 contemporarily crafted units with natural lighting and ventilation throughout each home.
Own a piece of Singapore Heritage and History in a rare conservation area and building. Working together closely with URA, SDB is committed to make Jui Residences a residential development an architecture and historical footprint on the Map of the past industrial district.
Situated along Serangoon Road, it will have excellent connectivity to the island via major expressways and minutes to the City.
The main facing of the development is Kallang Sungei, which will give a very natural and water body view for the development. Entrance will be via Moonstone Lane.
The development will consist of smaller investor-grade units from 1br to bigger family-sized units. The final information will be released on approved by the relevant government authorities.
Unique Selling Points / Investment Outlook
1. Freehold land located in district 12, Outside City Centre (OCR)
2. Located next to Kallang River which is ear-marked for URA’s redevelopment plans.
3. Good capital growth potential as Jui Residences is located in the middle of growth districts of Bidadari Estate and Kampong Bugis.
4. Jui Residences will become a part of the unique heritage of the National Aerated Water (NAW) building, a conservation effort by SDB Asia Pte Ltd, allowing its heritage to be brought to life through adaptive re-use. The NAW was where soft drinks like RC Cola, Sinalco & Kickapoo Joy Juice were bottled and is part of Singapore’s industrial heritage and one of the last remnants of the Kallang River’s industrial past.
Source: Straits Times
5. Jui Residences is envisioned to be a unique and lively commercial area located next to a park connector, adjacent to the Kallang River. This park connector links Bishan-Ang Mo Kio park to Gardens By The Bay, turning the river into a thriving corridor of vibrant community space.
6. Residents enjoy a riverside lifestyle supporting active mobility where outdoor activities and healthy lifestyle is promoted.
7. Excellent connectivity via PIE, CTE and Serangoon Road to Marina Bay Area, CBD, Orchard Road and many parts of Singapore.
8. A home for the modern minimalist, crafted and curated by innovative designers, envisioned by SDB and brought to life by award-winning CarverHaggard of London.
9. The art-déco heritage can be seen through the vertical flutes on the facade, arched detailing on the balconies and wide inset curves at the podium.
10. At the Level 5 sky terrace, a 24-metre infinity lap pool provides seamless views extending into the Kallang River giving residents a sense of liberating space.
11. As a tribute to the National Aerated Water Co., Ltd. building, brightly coloured artworks adorn the walls. Specially crafted by sculptor Dr. Colin K. Okashimo, and named ‘The Bottle Assembly: Filling Voids and Voids Filling’ pastel colours of pink, blue and yellow are applied to the bottles following the Miami art-déco style.
Then and Now
The origin of Serangoon’s name refers to “Ranggong”, a bird commonly found in Riverine swamps around Serangoon River. Serangoon was then an area for logistics movements and warehousing business, due to the easy access and connection to Kallang River, which was then a busy waterway for goods and transport. It was also home to National Aerated Water Co Ltd. Founded in 1954, this building manufactured soda drinks, which included local favourites such as Sinalco and Kickapoo.
Now, Serangoon is an established address, with convenient amenities for its community. This would include NEX Shopping mall, a newly renovated and refurbished Chomp Chomp food centre, the Singapore Sports Hub, Kallang Basin Swimming Complex, and notable schools such as St Andrew’s Junior College and the Stamford American International School.
Selangor Dredging Berhad (SDB)
Jui Residences is a freehold site that Selangor Dredging Berhad (SDB) secured at $47 million. Land bidding details and bidding price was submitted by Champsworth Development subsidiary, Tiara Land.
The original zoning of the land is Industrial Zoning, to convert into Residential Use, the developer had to top up a deferential charge and change of use fees which totalled to approximately 22.6m.
Based on Gross Plot Ratio and Land Use estimation, the site will yield about 100-130 units of average sized 700-800sqft estimated. Champsworth Development is owned by its partner company SDB International of a share of 50%.
National Aerated Water Company
The site of Jui Residences was owned by former Singapore National Aerated Water and Beverage Company, well known on the everyday brand such as Sinalco and Kickapoo, which is still sold in various coffeeshops in Singapore.
It was build and operated in the late 1920s by three Ching brothers, Ching Kwong Yew, Ching Kwong Kuen and Ching Kwong Lum. National Aerated Water Company oversaw the manufacturing and led the distribution through its distribution channels and partners. These Soda Drinks are a hit with the middle aged and older generation and is a fond reminder of the beautiful heritage of this site that has to offer. Even after it ceased operation on the onset of year 1990s, there were no major operation on the site and was left idle and vacant due to a major tussle over the shares of the asset.
Developer Selangor Dredging Berhad (SDB) Champsworth Development is estimated to have paid $756 psf ppf for this bidding and plot. National Aerated Water Company had a fabulous view of Kallang River. Kallang River spans 10km, spanning from Lower Peirce Reservoir to the coastal of Nicoll along Nicoll Highway.
URA Directive – Conservation of Heritage Buildings
One of the unique characteristics and style of Jui Residences would be the conservation of the National Aerated Company Building. In a statement to The Straits Times on Thursday (Dec 15), a URA spokesman said: “We recognise the architectural and heritage value of the National Aerated Water Company’s building and its role as a landmark in the area.”This is a private property, and we will engage the building owner to explore the possibility of conserving the building.”
– Source: Straits Times
When the site was sold to Selangor Dredging Berhad (SDB) Champsworth Development, the Heritage Community was alarmed and concerned, the news and potential demolishing of the building after all, bottled iconic and well known beverages loved by Singaporeans such as Sinalco, Kickapoo Joy Juice, Royal Crown Cola, and Green Spot. You may be enjoyed them in the tall glass bottles before.
There was even a Facebook Page Set up called Save The National Aerated Water Company Building, in a plea to save it. The community has flagged the structure full of art-deco feel to the URA for conservation in 2007. Dr Yeo Kang Shua, from the Singapore University of Technology and Design, said that the building had a unique art deco appearance, and the building’s rear features consists of a unique saw-tooth roof design and structure. He said: “Its clever design allowed a lot of daylight into a very deep factory building therefore minimising the reliance on electricity.”
The assistant professor of architecture and sustainable design added: “I hope that the new owner appreciates the historical significance of the site to Singaporeans and is open to work with the authorities to work on a development plan that is sensitive to the historic structure.”
Jui Residences pays homage to the National Aerated Water Co., Ltd. building, by drawing inspiration from its art deco elements.
This cultural heritage building was built in 1954 and is associated with the bottling of popular softdrink labels, including Sinalco and Kickapoo.
The centerpiece of this heritage building is a flagstaff mounted on the signature column, complimented by an on-site petrol pump which will be conserved within the development. The conserved ‘L’-shaped building is unique in several ways. There is a tapering balcony at the front with a fair-faced brick parapet and a built-in sunshade projecting out from the building’s side that spirals out of a circular window.
With the launch of Serangoon North MRT Station, do check out Affinity at Serangoon as it’s a great potential buy now!
With the launch of Jui Residences Condo Singapore approaching soon, we are excited to keep you updated for this new launch condoninium.
Especially after a successful tender, you can be sure to expect crowds at the upcoming Jui Residences showflat, where the condo units will be introduced and sold by our Official Developer Team.
Our Appointed Team by the Developers are very experienced in the housing developments in the area with great expertise and knowledge in the investment outlook of Singapore.
To reserve your preview and secure more information from our official developer team, be sure to fill in the form below to get in touch with us. Alternatively, call us at +65 6387 9196 to speak to us directly.